The Câmara de Lobos/Estreito de Câmara de Lobos Expressway, built by Somague, was opened on 25 April 2017.
The opening ceremony was attended by the Mayor of Câmara de Lobos, Pedro Coelho, and the President of the Regional Government of Madeira, Miguel Albuquerque.
- 2.5 km of Expressway, along a steep, mountain route, with a varied cross-sectional profile;
- Construction of a double tunnel approximately 0.4 km long;
- Construction of 3 interchanges, the Câmara de Lobos interchange, the Estreito de Câmara de Lobos interchange and the Jardim da Serra interchange;
- Construction of 5 special civil engineering works, viaducts V1, V2A, V2B, V3 and V4;
- Construction of 8 basic engineering structures (overpasses, underpasses, pedestrian and agricultural crossings);
- Construction of 6 local road relocations;
- Major encasement work, comprising retaining reinforced concrete walls and cyclopean concrete and bolted or anchored curtain walls.
- Key statistics:
- Earthworks: 124,136 m3; Concrete: 82,390 m3; Steel: 5,459 t; Piles: 4,005.50 m; Shuttering: 95,042 m2; Surfacing: 70,759 m2